Monday, April 17, 2006

Now I will win!!

Here's my entry in Natalie R. Collins' book-sighting contest:



That's my son Nicolas holding a copy of Natalie R. Collins' Wives and Sisters which we bought at Bradley's Bookshop in Bordeaux, France!!!

I made a point to photograph at least part of the sign that says "livres en langue anglaise" so that you can see that we're not just making that up about having bought it in France. So unless someone in some even more obscure country also ordered this book, I think Nico and I have a pretty good shot at winning "farthest away from Utah."

Now I see that the prizes include autographed copies of books by the following authors: Tess Gerritsen, MJ Rose, Jennifer Apodaca, Allison Brennan, Karin Tabke, Deborah LeBlanc, Laurie Stolarz, Lara Zeises, Cindy Cruciger, J. Carson Black, and Natalie R. Collins herself.

I must admit that those are all very tempting prizes. Still it's kind of unfortunate for her contest winners that she's not offering a copy of the book everyone wants ;-) my novel Exmormon.

But in the end it hardly matters because I already have that one.

And I'm going to win.

;-)

10 comments:

Cyn Bagley said...

Oh... boy you are too competitive. I know that I am going to win because I had an anecdote... LOL

AND if you look I did a review of her book ;-)

Cyn Bagley said...

posted it on my site LOL

C. L. Hanson said...

Hehe!!!

Actually, there will probably be more than one winner. ;-)

I saw you did a review of her book on your blog. I'm planning to write one on my blog as well. So now that I've read the book, I have to avoid going back and re-reading your review until after I've finished mine since I don't want to be accidentally cribbing off your work... ;-)

Kidding!! It's a great, exciting book, and I have plenty of analysis and comments to write about it -- I just have to organize it all in my mind, and then I'll write it up. :D

C. L. Hanson said...

Aw, I'm sure your kids are still cute!!! :D

OnigiriFB said...

Hrm... if thats the book I think it is then it's sadly drivel. I read it because it was exmo but dude it sucks. I'm interested in what you opinion is.

C. L. Hanson said...

Actually, I just read it, so I'm still formulating my thoughts...

I would be really curious as to what your criticisms of it are. If you don't want to post them openly, please email me.

Natalie said...

Drivel, huh, Onigirl? Maybe you should make sure it IS the book you think it is. And then, if it is, tell us WHY you didn't like it, just not denounce it as drivel. Personally, as a writer, I can only grow from worthwhile criticism. Drivel doesn't much help me.

And no, I'm not stalking posts about me. CHansen posts on my blog, and left a link to this post. :)

C. L. Hanson said...

Oh yeah, I should have warned everyone -- since this is my entry in Natalie's contest, of course I posted a link to this post on her blog.

It's kind of a cool thing about the Internet age. I think I'm going to stop wasting my time on reading books by dead people and from now on and instead only read books where there's a chance I can discuss the book with the author on his/her blog or mine... ;-)

I really enjoyed Natalie's book. As you can see, I bought it Saturday and had it read by Monday because I didn't want to put it down. However, I don't want this to be a blog where dissenting opinions are unwelcome, so if you didn't like the book, I'd be curious as to what you felt the weaknesses are.

Cyn Bagley said...

I enjoyed it too... I wonder if your drivel girl is a love bomber.
:-) (innocent smile)

C. L. Hanson said...

You mean maybe she's a mo?

No, onigiri is someone I know from exmo-social.