Sunday, March 11, 2007

Modern Baal worship??? Um, is that a joke?

I probably shouldn't be giving publicity to Chick Publications by linking to them, but I was just looking over some of these the other day, and I can hardly believe anyone could think this stuff is right. It's not just that they're hateful and offensive -- they're just so mind-bogglingly wacky...

If I were still a believing Mormon, I'd be tempted to take this as a compliment coming from these guys, particularly the thing about Mormonism being a combination of Judaism and Catholicism. Because when the Chick Publications people say you're like the Catholics, you know they really care -- there ain't nobody these guys hate like they hate the Catholics!!!

Just looking at this list I found, it looks like they've got at least ten different tracts to explain that the Catholic Church is the church of Satan, including the fabulously-named made to be a "B" horror flick: Deaaaaath Cookie!!! Mwahahahaha!!!

The one that amazes me most though is The Deceived. When I read the synopsis ("Exposes Islam as a conspiracy of the Catholic church and, by proxy, Satan"), I thought the synopsis writer had to exaggerating or something. Nope. That's really what's in that one. The impressive part isn't so much the efficiency of it (insults both Muslims and Catholics in one stroke!) as the creativity of it. I mean, how would you even come up with such a thing?

It looks like they've written seven tractfulls of holy rebukes for Muslims and five for homosexuals. But aside from the one about evolution, I only found one that seemed directed at atheists. So I guess we atheists are down in the small potatoes category with the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses. Sheesh, even the Masons warranted two!!! Oh, well... ;-)

11 comments:

Texas said...

I think my favorite line is "I have studied mormonism and I can tell you for fact"

It's amazing how many "facts" these people know about Catholicism, Mormonism, Islam, Evolution, and homosexuality :-)

I mean why would I read Darwin's
"Origin of Species" when I can get the facts from a cartoon?

Anonymous said...

You didn't know they worshipped Baal? That must be part of the second annointing.

Anonymous said...

Have to love Chick's delightful paranoia.

C. L. Hanson said...

LOL!!!

Man, I should have stuck with Mormonism long enough to qualify for that second annointing thing... ;-)

Hellmut said...

But she has high cheek bones and long eye lashes. Therefore it must be true.

C. L. Hanson said...

Plus everybody knows it's true if it's printed in a cartoon!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I talked at length with a young priest who finally ADMITTED that ROME's Queen of Heaven was borrowed from the BAAL worshipers mentioned in Jeremiah 7:18 and 44:17-25.
When I kept asking him why ROME calls Mary by a name that is ONLY listed in the OT --- he finally started telling me of "An ancient PAGAN MYTH about an angry young god who Never Refused a Request of his much more Loving, Compassionate, Merciful and Forgiving MOTHER."
So I kept asking questions, asking WHAT that had to do with Catholicism --- to which he hesitantly responded: "When the ancient ROMAN empire conquered the surrounding PAGAN nations, since they were all illiterate, WE couldn't very well give them BOOKs to read! SO WE just gave all their PAGAN IDOLs and RITUALs 'Christian names.'
Then he paused, before meekly saying, "Thereby WE made whole nations 'Christian' overnight."
So, next time someone tells you ROMAN Cism is 'Christian' -- you'll know better!

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Anonymous!!!

Are you actually quoting a Chick tract? ;^)

The fact that Catholicism has absorbed a lot of Pagan traditions is not in dispute (whether it's Baal or other Pagan gods may be disputed...). Mormonism is another large step removed from that tradition, and that's why I called it a joke to call Mormonism "modern Baal worship."

C. L. Hanson said...

Note to all: There's a site that does some pretty entertaining dissections of Chick tracts here.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous:

And other Christian denominations are derived from Catholicism. Many of the pagan elements absorbed by Catholicism were inherited by Protestants. The basic Jesus story is blatantly copied from various other popular mythologies in the 1st century

Semiramis:whoreofbabylon said...

If you look into both Mormons and JW are creations of freenasonry, which is Judaic, which is Catholic. None of the faiths follow the true teachings of the prophets. You'll deny it, but that's exactly the point, you haven't done the research. First suggestion Aghori, then empire of the city, Constantine and the trinity doctrine, Isis, Horus, Set, semiramis and blood eating.
It's all the same damn monster, and God hid his word where only the wise will find it