Monday, April 30, 2007

Doomed unrequited love was something we could definitely relate to in the Mia Maids class



The next morning over breakfast we compared notes on the dance. This didn't take too long since no one had really met any serious prospects. The ones that were closest to finding a romance were Amy with Greg and her sister Alexandra with this guy Matt who was from Ely. But neither one of these was particularly promising since Greg was a non-member and Matt lived way on the other side of creation where Alexandra could hardly hope to see much of him. Plus he seemed like a bit of a hayseed. So when they had finished their stories, I recounted to them the whole situation with Tom and how Lara was leading him on just to get him to join the church. The other girls agreed that it was pretty pathetic of him to fall for such a thing, but that on the other hand if it got him to convert to Mormonism, his soul would be saved, so at least some good would come of it. Then, since no one else had had more than one or two dances with any one guy, we moved on to comparing our class schedules to see if we had any classes together.

We each had received a schedule of classes in our registration packets, just like a real college class schedule supposedly. Read the rest of the story ->

4 comments:

Lemon Blossom said...

I'm exhausted so I can't write much now, but I noticed that at the end it said the next installment would be April 3rd.

I love it! I'm falling asleep, so I'd probably better go now.

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks LB!!!

And thanks for the heads-up!!! I must have been falling asleep myself when doing the formatting for this segment -- that's not even close to the right date, lol.

Anonymous said...

I'd completely forgotten about Mia Maids . . . What my sisters were up to didn't concern me at the time. All this writing about former mormon issues has been quite the process of unblocking.

Nice blog and good graphic stories, by the way.

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks CV Rick!!!

Writing about Mormons has been a lot of fun for me even though I've been out of the church for many years. :D