Monday, September 17, 2007

He's perfect for the part...



"Well, here it is -- jumping-off point, and here we are one breath away from a sick world that's been crying out for what we can give it: truth! freedom! salvation!"

He was perfect for the part. I watched as Walter and Jake stood around the piano singing their number and Pinky played. Walter sang his part with gusto. He seemed to be happy to have been cast in this role, but really it was more that the production was lucky to have him than vice-versa.

Read the rest of the story ->

4 comments:

Aerin said...

I love the illustration of the person smoking outside the building. Just had to mention that.

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks Aerin!!!

This project is really giving me the opportunity to exercise my drawing skills! I don't see how I'd ever have learned to draw buildings and mountains otherwise...

beatdad said...

I love the story but I find it unlikely that someone could really get away with smoking! in Utah county.

Do people really call BYU the Harvard of the west? (have they not heard of Stanford?)

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Wayne!!!

No, I assure you it's quite possible. I saw my own cousin smoking just outside a stake center in Utah county during the course of a family reunion back in '02. ;^)

When I was attending BYU, I often heard it referred to as "the Harvard of the West," but I think that most of the people who said that were joking... :D