Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Bear with me...

Sorry I've been uncharacteristically missing from blog space for a few days (even from commenting). It's not entirely because of the move (and haven't left for Switzerland yet). The problem is that I have this weirdly obsessive-focus personality, and sometimes get immersed in a project to the point where I can't think of anything else day and night. As I said, I thought of some ideas of how to continue the story threads of the novella I wrote at the end of November. I have the entire thing mapped out scene by scene, and have most of the remaining scenes essentially written in my head. It's currently a little over 33,000 words, and I have three-and-a-half chapters to go. It'll probably be around 40,000 words when its done. I can't write anything else until I get this out so I can clear the mental registers. ;^)

I'll probably be done by Monday, then I'll be back among the living. After that hopefully I'll go another three or four years or so before this happens again. ;^)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the writing goes well and look forward to your return to the atheosphere.

littlemissattitude said...

As a writer, I know the feeling of needing to write when the words are flowing.

Have fun with it.

And yes, as hard a thing writing can be sometimes, I always have fun when I'm writing. :)

Jane Know said...

Good luck with the Novella. Looking forward to more posts!

hm-uk said...

Well done, I'm looking forward to reading more of your writing. I've gone a bit lacklustre on posting myself, but not because I have a novella in the pipeline...no, nothing as fantastic as that. Good luck finishing it off, chanson...

Lynet said...

Sounds like cool fun. Good luck with it!

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Ima -- true it's fun. The only problem is all of those pesky real-life responsibilities that I end up letting slide...