Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fabulous Carnivals!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Humanist Symposium "later today" on Café Philos!!! ;-P

Then, this installment of the Carnival of the Godless is not to be missed!!! Greta Christina has painstakingly illustrated each post with raunchy pulp fiction cover art!!!

Now, I'm not surprised that Greta is way ahead of me in the battle over who is the sexiest atheist blogger -- this lady is the expert on sexy!! The thing that really surprises me is that less than 30% of atheists polled voted for a woman at all. Now, I was led to believe that a supemajority of atheists are straight guys, and I was also led to believe that straight guys (in general) are so insecure about their sexuality that they could never vote for another guy as "sexiest" without feeling their own masculinity threatened. Am I about to have my assumptions challenged again?!

Clearly what we learn is that men are charmingly mysterious creatures and I will never fully understand their behavior. ;^)

One highlight from the carnival is the meme asking what kind of God would you be? Since faithful Mormons get to grow up to be Gods, I decided this would be a fun discussion topic for Main Street Plaza -- go here to add your thoughts!! :D

10 comments:

Lars Larson said...

I might not know much about sexiness...but I know a few things about...

Manhood

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Erlybird!!!

I saw your manliness article -- very interesting, and I learned a few things. Yet I still think men are charmingly mysterious and I will never fully understand their behavior. ;^)

C. L. Hanson said...

By the way: the Humanist Symposium is now posted!!!

beatdad said...

Hey chanson,

I learned a lot about being "masculine" from my gay friends.

John Evo said...

What kind of a god?

Adonis?

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Wayne!!!

That's fabulous!!! What did you learn from them? If it can be summarized... ;^)

Hey John E.!!!

That's a good choice!!! :^)

beatdad said...

Courage.

C. L. Hanson said...

That's cool. Care to elaborate?

beatdad said...

I am thinking about blogging an elaboration. Courage is one but there is so much more.

C. L. Hanson said...

I look forward to reading that post!!!