Sunday, March 13, 2011

My most awesome Lego city ever!!!

If I ever go more than a week or two without blogging, you may rest assured that it's because I'm spending my time on some similarly-worthy creative pursuit! In this case, I've been devoting my free time over the past couple of weeks to constructing the coolest Lego city I have ever made!

Here's what it looks like:



If you look at the details, you may notice that -- though my kids named it "Imaginary City" -- it's Imagniary City, Switzerland.



In the coming week, I'll post some more pictures of Imaginary City, Switzerland, with some details about the different buildings and other sites! :D

9 comments:

Kiley said...

WOW!!! That is really cool. The detail is amazing.

My brother does lego cities too. He even builds the buildings with hinges and designs builds the inside rooms and floors too...

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks!!!

Regarding hinges and interiors: My current system is to make three-sided buildings so that you can photograph the city from one side, and play with each building from the back. I also have a couple of buildings where you can easily detach the roof to see what's inside.

When making a whole city, it's very tricky to make hinge-opening buildings (since each one needs a larger lot to open and close), but it's not impossible. Maybe I'll try that next time. ;)

Janet M Kincaid said...

The only thing missing here is the roesti and a Bernese dog. Very, very cool. I love Legos!

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks!!!

I'm sure they serve Lego roesti in the restaurant. ;)

Craig said...

I always thought that the coolest job in the world would be the one designing new sets for Lego. I was obsessed with Lego as a kid. I would spend hours and days constructing huge mansions. This is fantastic.

Donna Banta said...

Amazing, you've even got the geraniums in the flower pots. I want to see the insides of the buildings!

jen said...

That's amazing!

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks all!!!

Craig -- I know, I would love to be a Lego engineer!! They even get to make videos about their creations for lego.com (in case you'd like to know a little bit more about the people who design the sets. Unfortunately, I think there are people lining up for that job. ;)

Donna -- the only building with an interesting interior is the grocery store. Maybe I'll take a picture of it...

C. L. Hanson said...

Oh, and the plants: They were copied from plants in different Lego house sets. The boat, too. I invented some items in the city, others were ideas suggested by the Lego engineers.