Thursday, January 05, 2012

Our Lego collection -- still crazy after all these... well, I guess it hasn't been that long...

I had so many goals for what I wanted to accomplish during the holiday break!! Unfortunately, I accomplished almost none of them. One of the few exceptions was that I sorted all of the junk that had accumulated in our apartment, including sorting all the kids' toys -- notably the Lego collection! (A little like last time.)

Fortunately, a photographer friend (Maya Lucchitta) visited us, and captured the Lego collection in all of its crazy-sorted splendor!

Thanks -- it was a fun visit!!

3 comments:

Paul Sunstone said...

Legos are my nephew's favorite toys, surpassing even Nerf guns in popularity. My brother recently told me, though, that they tend not to play with the sets once they have built them the first time. As soon as they've done that -- built a set -- the clamoring begins for a new one.

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Paul!!!

Interestingly, my kids do play with the Lego sets quite a bit after building them. This is especially true of their "Hero Factory" sets, but it's true of other sets as well. Of course that doesn't stop them from constantly clamoring for new ones. ;^)

Unknown said...

I'm with Paul on this one. I couldn't bear to take them apart, and of course my Dad wouldn't hear of buying a new set every time. Breaking up a set was pure agony. Oh, the great sorrows of childhood!