Monday, January 28, 2008

BYU begins February 12!!!

Yes, it's true -- another exciting segment of Exmormon will be starting in just a few weeks!!!

This next segment, Brigham Young University, is an extra fun one, and not just because you'll get some idea of what attending BYU is like (or respectively get to take a trip down memory lane, for those of you who have lived it). This is also the turning point where the story shifts from just being about Mormonism and starts including some ex-Mormonism as well.

Then, as an added bonus, I'll be following this section with the even-more-eagerly-awaited gratuitous love scene!!!

Remember that -- as usual -- you don't have to read the earlier segments (Young Women's, Youth Conference, and Saturday's Warrior) to follow this story, but it doesn't hurt.



Also keep in mind that this is a one woman show. That means that in addition to doing all of the illustrations, I'm doing all of the publicity. With no budget for it.

I'm not asking for money since this is very much a labor of love, but I would really appreciate a little bit of linky love coming my way. You know what that means!! I can see from my stats that hundreds of people are reading this, so if you're one of them -- and if you're looking forward to the next segment -- posting an announcement about it on your blog or favorite forum would really help me out in a big way!!! Thanks!!! :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?!? Only one gratuitous love scene?

C. L. Hanson said...

All the other love scenes are integral to the story. ;^)

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's different. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sex? At BYU?! I think you're making that up. No one has sex at BYU. Surely you know that. I can't believe you'd be so crass as to suggest otherwise. Just further proof how far you've fallen!

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Mabel!!!

Well, you know it's fiction. Artistic license and everything... ;^)

Anonymous said...

Fiction?! There is no fiction. Behind every fictious fictiousness is 95% fact....

Okay, now I'm really just being silly, especially as I'm channeling Elder Meyer from my mission who always use to say, "Behind every 'just kidding' is 95% truth."

TOTALLY looking forward to your new serial!

Floating in the Milk said...

Is one of the characters based on your BYU roomate? That picture looks eerily like her. I can't wait to read it.

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks Mabel!!!

and thanks FITM!!!

Some aspects of the story will probably look familiar, and I hope you'll find this version amusing!!! :D

But as for the drawing, remember this is fic - tion! Any resemblance to real people is, like, totally coincidental. ;^)