Monday, February 12, 2007

Truth or Dare!!!



Friday evening rolled around, and with it came Alexandra and Amy's big slumber party. After dinner Mom dropped Lynn and me off at their house. It turned out that the only guests other than me and Lynn were Sarah Grant and a girl named Melissa that Alexandra introduced as being her best friend from school.

Normally I wouldn't mix school friends and church friends like that myself despite what we're told about how every member should be a missionary and make sure that all of our non-member friends hear about the gospel. I wasn't sure if Alexandra had invited Melissa in order to show her how much fun Mormons are in hopes of converting her or if it was just a way of filling out the guest list a little since it was hard to have a big party with just the girls from the ward.

Whatever Alexandra's reason, I figured she had done the right thing by inviting Melissa. From the minute I saw her, I knew she was going to be a lot of fun. She had long, wavy red hair going in every direction and a perpetual smile. She was a little taller than me -- which wasn't hard since I'd always been small -- and she was a little more stocky and athletic than the rest of us. Instead of wearing a preppy sweater like the girls at my school usually did in January, she was wearing some sort of rugby jersey over her faded jeans.

more ->

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving reading your book. :-)

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks Wry Catcher!!!

Bishop Rick said...

c.l.
Not sure where in France you live, but I'll be in EuroDisney in 2 weeks.

We will be neighbors.

I always loved Truth or Dare when I was a teenager. Being forced to tell what you think about Sally is OK.

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Bishop Rick!!!

Sorry, I won't be in the Paris area at that time. Are you just going to Euro Disney, or are you planning to see other parts of Europe?

Bishop Rick said...

I am doing a trade show in Euro Disney that week. Will just hang out in that area. Probably won't have too much spare time, but will try to see a few sights. This is my first time in France. Looking forward to it.

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Bishop Rick!!!

It turns out that I might be around after all. I'm going to Paris on Friday the 23rd. It'll be just a quick stop though, so it probably wouldn't be convenient to arrange a meeting unless you have time to come meet me at the train station...

Bishop Rick said...

Ah, actually I don't get to Paris until Sunday, Feb 25. Then I leave on Friday, Mar 2. So it is still a no-go.

Too bad, one of the few chances for you to connect with outer-blogness (being so far away) squandered again.

Must be a Gen X thing :)

C. L. Hanson said...

Dang, another opportunity tragically lost!!! ;-)

Maybe next time!!! :D