Sunday, April 22, 2007

Everything is crazy at my house...

Now more than ever!!!

For three main reasons:

1. I'm in the final corrections phase of the second edition of my book. Not my novel, but rather the book for the ol' day job. So I've got to do the last corrections and beautifications of all of my sample code, but...

2. I'm starting a new job very soon -- one with tons more responsibility than my old job. And it should be a doubly rude awakening from the lifestyle I've had the past couple months since I left my job to focus on finishing my book. My schedule contained a whole lot of putzing around the house and reading every single updated blog before getting to work. It's amazing how blogging can expand to fill the time available!!! But that lifestyle is over. I'm going to keep posting here regularly and keep up with my activities over on Main Street Plaza, however it looks like I'll have to cut back on my blog reading at least for a while. So if I've been a regular reader/commenter on your blog and start to seem scarce, don't take it personally -- it's not you, it's me. ;^)

3. My parents are visiting for three weeks. The bright side of that one for you dear reader is that I hope this visit will generate plenty of hilarious stories to post!!! Especially since I don't think they know about my blog (yet), so that might make some waves. Even if I wanted to keep it a secret, it's not clear it would be possible. Sure I can hide all the booze before the parents arrive, but an internet habit of this magnitude is hard to disguise...

p.s. You can help me out on Main Street Plaza by emailing latterdaymainstreet@gmail.com to submit a guest post and/or volunteer as a regular writer or artist.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy. But that's the life of a real-life action hero. :)

So, aren't they going to expect that you go to church with them? You know, so they can confirm that famous McMormon truism -- that the church is the same everywhere, even in France?

Unless you're planning to go to church and introduce them to your church family, you might as well just leave the booze in the fridge. :P

I can't wait to read the stories.

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Mel!!!

Ah, but you forget that only my Mom is Mormon -- my dad is exmo Christian. And because of this difference in faith, glorious freedom of religion prevails in our family!!! Each person attends (or doesn't) the church of his/her choice, yay!!!

Anonymous said...

chanson - I understand being busy. Congrats on your new job!!

Also, have a great time with your parents! I hope they enjoy hanging out with the kids AND do not drive you crazy.

PS. My two recently watched Linnea in Monet's Garden, a dvd based on the book. I couldn't tell if it would be too young or too peaceful for your two - but if you don't have it, we may send a copy. Along with some American style measuring cups.

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks Aerin!!!

We're always looking for new video recommendations for them, and they definitely like calm stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I envy you. That's a family that's free to care for each other without jesus intruding. Well, I hope you have a great time then!

JulieAnn said...

Leave the bottles out! Own your apostasy!!

LOL

Anonymous said...

I will say, in praise of chanson's parents, they are among some of my coolest aunts and uncles - of all of them. They have always been very supportive of me (as their niece) among the many, many nieces and nephews they have.

They've always also seemed very tolerant - there's a reason that chanson and the rest of her family are so tolerant and cool.

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks mel!!!

Hey JulieAnn!!!

LOL, actually I didn't really hide the bottles very well. I just took the gin out of the fridge and put it in the cupboard because I'm way too busy these days for the occasional martini, as much as I love them!!! ;^)

Thanks Aerin!!!

I think my parents are pretty cool too, but I'm a tad biased... ;^)

An Enlightened Fairy said...

OH yes, it's the hide the booze game! Can you remember where you hid the stash after they leave... that's the fun part!
Once my dh hid a bottle of wine when my parents came for a visit. A few weeks after they left, I asked him what he did with the wine. Yep, he forgot where he put it. So 2 years later, I'm de-cluttering the garage and I break a bottle of wine when I toss something onto his old camping bag... Yes, I cursed. WHY did he have to hide it that well?

Freckle Face Girl said...

Good luck with the fam! The nice thing about having kids is that you can use them as a distraction. Grandparents are easily entertained that way.

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Sacred Sister!!!

The trick to hiding wine is to hide it in the basement wine-cellar... ;^)

Hey Freckle Face Girl!!!

So true!!! Actually, I'm really glad to have the distractions going both ways (grandparents to distract the kids as well) because my workload just got worse if you can believe it, and I'm a total basket-case at the moment trying to get everything done...

AnnM said...

OMG do I miss our cave. It literally changed our life. We had to go out and buy a wine refrigerator when we moved back to the states. I cannot understand how someone can build a house without a cave. We were literally trying to figure out how to dig out a cool little room under our new house to store the wine.

Sigh. Americans don't spend enough money on wine. It should be a budget line: Food, rent, insurance, wine.

I never did go to church in France. I was always curious, but I didn't want to alert them to my presence.

Anyway, enough about me. Do tell us the stories when they go.

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Sam-I-Am!!!

That's so cool that you got one of those special wine refrigerators!!! Wine is definitely a priority item in our budget. ;^)

The LDS chapel here is really interesting-looking -- maybe I'll post a picture of it. The kids and I haven't attended, we just went to meet my mom at the end of the service.