Thursday, May 26, 2011

Indulge me: one more Lego post...

I never finished my Lego tree house post because I wrote it on the day of the grand Blogger crash -- so I was only able to post the first half. Here's the rest:



Back when I made my Lego city, I felt like -- in my effort to build a whole city in a reasonable length of time -- I skimped on details and on the design of some of the buildings. (Though I did add some details I liked.)



So this time I decided to just design one play-set -- and pull out all the stops!! For instance, I made it open, and designed fun interiors:



Here you can see the fireplace, with food cooking over the fire:



Here's a side-view of what it looks like opened:



And here's the interior opposite the kitchen:



Leo wanted to have some secret compartments to hide treasures in, so I built some in. Here's the same view with two secret compartments open -- see if you can find them!



Above that small spiral staircase and ladder, we find the bedroom:



You can also access the bedroom from above:



Naturally, you do this by opening the top of the tree:



On the other side, you may notice a red roof:



which also opens so you can play inside:



For fun, I added the same thing nearer to the top of the tree:



You can open it to put characters in the upper rooms:



(If you look closely, you can see a mummy looking out one of the windows.)



So, that's my Lego tree-house playset -- hope you like it! :D

7 comments:

Louise said...

This is so fun, I love the attention to detail! I have about as much patience for lego as I do for puzzles (almost none) but luckily Ben is still a big fan. I'm anticipating a lot of lego fun with the girls in the future in our house too :-)

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey Louise!!!

You may surprise yourself!

I have to say, though -- I love it that my kids have gotten old enough to be interested in fun stuff like Legos! :D

Christopher Smith said...

This makes me wish my right hemisphere were more developed. My Lego creations were always pretty dull.

Anonymous said...

I saw your tree house and it reminded me of the LOTR elves that live in trees. :-)

MoHoHawaii said...

You should check out this guy who does LEGO nudes.

JentheHumanist said...

You are a true lego master. I bow down before you. (mmmmmm)

Andy said...

I need to say, although -- I adore it that my children have gotten aged sufficient being considering enjoyment stuff like Legos
Does anyone about to get andBuy Runescape Gold, does anyone have some good suggestions to get the fast and safeWOW Gold, please tell me and thanks a lot who can help me.