Thursday, July 17, 2008

I've arrived!

Yes, I'm now blogging to you live from Minnesota!!!

Like last time, my first stop was to check out the bookshelves, and see if my parents have gotten any interesting new books. Here's the first pass:

I found the copies I'd given them of my first Java book -- and I discovered they'd shelved them just a few books away from Ann Coulter's How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)! I've brought a copy of the my new Java book, and now I'm debating whether I should give it to them or not... ;^)

But -- crazily enough -- that wasn't the worst juxtapositional heresy I discovered! I found that next to their dusty, many-decades-old copy of Carl Sagan's Cosmos, there are now some new novels from the "Left Behind" series.

Oh, and word to the wise: If I'm ever visiting your house, be sure to arrange your books in a humorous way. It makes the whole visit so much more entertaining! :D

3 comments:

galen dara said...

your parent's bookshelves sound a lot like my parent's bookshelves (minus anything I have published... cuz I haven't. yet.)

yep, give them the new java book. it will help. (maybe)

MoHoHawaii said...

Welcome to the US! Don't forget to eat some barbeque, corn on the cob and watermelon, all washed down with iced tea (if you can sneak it past your parents) or one of the excellent wines from CA, OR or WA.

(I'd love to read a post on how your kids adapt to being in the US, if you take requests.)

C. L. Hanson said...

Hey G!!!

Yeah, I probably will... :D

Hey MoHoHawaii!!!

Sounds like a great idea!!!

p.s. to all because I just can't stop being amused by all of the religious stuff here:

In my dad's office there's a copy of Christianity Today: a special edition on why the new atheists aren't all that. The cover -- in huge letters -- is: "GOD IS NOT DEAD YET."

Why does this make me giggle and break into a Monty Python sketch?

not dead yet... I'm getting better! ;^)