Friday, July 18, 2008

Great moments in visiting the parents (episode I)

My mom and dad have planned a really fabulous outing for all their grandkids to have fun getting to know each other and build some memories together. This morning my mom was telling the kids about all the plans:

Grandma: Then we'll have a scavenger hunt! Do you know what a scavenger hunt is?
Nico: Yes! It's when you eat dead animals.
Grandma: ????

This is when I started laughing uncontrollably in the other room, then came in to help clarify.

Apparently the kid's picked a lot of vocabulary words from his nature documentaries. ;^)

My sister has already posted pics of the outing on her blog here.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, that's too good! I laughed out loud reading it. :)

galen dara said...

*chuckle!!!*

Aerin said...

I love your sister's comment - "and the parents stay home, everybody wins!" I agree! I think it's great when grandparents and grandchildren have a close relationship.

Cathy said...

It sounds like camp is going great. I cannot wait to see video and pictures. This was really cool of M & D to put together.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story. LOL!

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks everyone!!!

I went up to the camp to join them for the night -- they were having a fantastic time!!! Cathy -- I agree it was really cool of them to do this!! :D

Anonymous said...

Nico is hilarious!

Michelle said...

i work for a local (Minneapolis) furniture store. last january i was enlisted to set the bookshelves in the store with many books from the prop room. oh, but i had a good time choosing which titles should go next to each other on the shelves. i should go back and see if any of those title are still telling a little (smart a**) story! :)

Unknown said...

How are the mosquitoes this year?

King Aardvark said...

That's freakin hilarious!

But I have one concern: Nico was excited about going on a scavenger hunt, meaning that he has no problem with finding dead animals in the wilderness and eating them. You might want to fix that.

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks Pants!!!

Hey Michelle!!!

That is too funny!!! I love playing with amusing book arrangements! :D

Hey John!!!

Same as usual, unfortunately... :^(

Hey King Aardvark!!!

Good point. But I think it was probably more a social thing (my mom the scavenger hunt as something fun) than an actual desire to eat dead animals. Y'know, when in Rome... ;^)